ALIM Winter Program
Winter Program 2018
Are the Scholars out of Touch?
Tradition’s Role Today
Wondering how Islamic tradition is relevant today? Trying to understand your role and the role of scholars, imams, and activists in today’s cultural context?
Explore these questions, concepts, and more at this year’s ALIM Winter Program.
President’s Day Weekend (Monday is a Federal Holiday)
- Friday, 16 February: 7pm -10pm (Registration starts at 6pm)
- Saturday, 17 February: 9am – 9pm (Registration starts at 8am)
- Sunday, 18 February: 9am – 5pm
$225 per adult
$200 per student (with ID)
We accept applicants ages 16 and above. Meals are included:
- Saturday: Snacks/Drinks, Lunch, Dinner
- Sunday: Snacks/Drinks, Lunch
Note: Childcare will not be provided
- To book a room, please visit the hotel’s website at http://www.fullertonhi.com and click on “reservations”; put the dates in and under the “more options” tab you will see the area to add the group code. Type ALM to get the discounted rate.
- You may also make reservations by calling the Front Desk directly at 714-579-7400 (Indicate “ALIM: American Learning Institute for Muslims” party).
- Hotel Reservations come with FREE breakfast!
What is the ALIM Winter Program?
The American Learning Institute for Muslims Winter Program is a 3-day intensive study of one of many traditional Islamic sciences in the context of the modern American paradigm. The Winter Program was designed to meet the apparent need for a shorter intensive program focused on specialized themes. This program targets those who cannot make the month long Summer Program because of the time commitment and those alumni who want more exposure to the ALIM learning philosophy throughout the year. This program rotates across the United States.
Note: ALIM works hard to make all of its programs affordable. Please support by donating here.